What is Tantric Dance?
A free dance form where there is one who leads (creates) the dance, and one who receives (surrenders) in the dance. The one who receives has the eyes closed and sharpens the other senses in order to be guided. It is playful interaction between two people that through dance become aware of their inner world and body.
What can I expect?
A tantric dance workshop starts with a warming-up to arrive fully in to your body and to let go of all tension. This is followed by the Tantric Dance in which we dance with somebody else. We invite you to let go of all dance moves you are used to and to dance with what is arising in contact with the other. There is one person who forms the dance and one who receives (without any initiative). These rolls will switch during the workshop.
The dance partners are brought together in two ways:
1) You are leading and you chose somebody who is blindfolded and with who you are going to dance. The other doesn’t know who you are.
2) You are blindfolded somebody will chose you to dance with. But you won’t know who it is.
The present teacher supports the change of danspartners and will give other guidance during the workshop. The Tantric Dance team creates a safe and loving setting.
What are the benefits?
- It is a life-force enhancer that helps you to vitalize yourself and activate your awareness.
- Helps you connect to your own body and clears the mind.
- Shows you how to connect with others physically and energetically on a deeper level.
- Reveals your own hidden patterns and subconscious though processes and let's you move into new directions.
- Makes you more balanced as a human being by strengthening your directing and surrendering abilities.
- Encourages you to become more present and in tune with your own body and state of being.
Everybody can discover something different for themselves and there are many more benefits by doing Tantric Dance regularly.
Is it for singles or couples?
It is for both singles and couples, the majority are joining as singles.
It is possible for couples to dance only with each other.
Often couples mix together with singles and benefit from this.
Is it easy to learn?
It is very easy to learn since it doesn't require any special techniques to learn in order to start with it. Ofcourse any experience in dance can help, but it is a free dance and we encourage you not to go into repetions of something you already know, but use more of your free imagination and creativity.
The dance is a framework where many ways of dancing are possible, dancing experience is not required. Getting in touch with you own body, getting in tune with yourself and the other, and allowing yourself to enjoy the dance are key here.
Experience shows that each time it will become more easy and become more of a natural flow.
Is it safe enough for me?
Safety has a very high priority for us. That is why there are very clear ways to stop the dance at any time and clear boundaries in place for anyone to uphold.
There are always helpers closeby to give support or guidance when needed.
Tantric Dance helps in learning to set clear boundaries and honoring them, it is an important element.
Are there any requirements?
- Be clean and without extra smells like perfumes, cigarettes or other intense odors.
- Do not wear jewelry, especially large earrings.
- Come in flexible dancing clothes, short skirts are not advised.
- Have a clear mind, you can not be intoxicated by alcohol, medication or drugs.
- You are always responsible for your own body, be loving with yourself and others.
Are there any rules?
- Respect each other's body, space and mind.
- Do not touch each others sexual body parts.
- Notify teachers about medical conditions.
- Stop the dance when this is indicated.
- Dances are with clothes on.
- No talking during dancing.
- It is not a therapy group.
Join our newsletter
Tantric Dance event list
10:30 - 17:00 Conscious Studio, derde wittenburgerdwarsstraat 1E, Amsterdam
Den Haag events
Blogs by teachers
Different Dance Styles (Esther)
Pure lifeforce (Esther)
Five Tantric Dance tips (Elfriede)
I have been giving Tantric Dance workshops with love for a number of years now, and I notice that there are a number of things that stand out in my mind. These 5 tips follow from this: "Center" yourself, breathe, Be light in receiving, Let your body take over, Let everything be there.Read more
Not feeling alone (Esther)
I felt love and compassion for her. Titia's eyes lit up, visibly happy and touched. We shared how we used to be at home: when we said what we felt, it was usually said, "It is not so." People always talked about things. We were left confused, because what we really felt was not so. And that which was there: the anger, the sorrow, the powerlessness and the discontent were never spoken.Read more
Dark & Light (Elfriede)
Tantric Dance is not just about "having fun". The approach is not to be entertained alone or purely 'for fun'. It goes much further than that. It is a lot deeper. Tantric Dance invites us to dance with what is there.Read more
Kundalini Energy (Rakesh)
At Art of Loving we prefer to stick to the actual experience of Kundalini Energy. There is a lot of literature about Kundalini and also various theories that each highlight a different side. During our workshops we return to the experience in the body. This allows you to come into contact with your body and the energy, develop your own sensitivity and attention to get in touch with what is happening in you.Read more