Tantra Festival Angsbäcka
Tantric Dance explenation
What is Tantric Dance?
A free dance form where there is one who leads (creates) the dance, and one who receives (surrenders) in the dance. The one who receives has the eyes closed and sharpens the other senses in order to be guided. It is playful interaction between two people that through dance become aware of their inner world and body.
What can I expect?
A tantric dance workshop starts with a warming-up to arrive fully in to your body and to let go of all tension. This is followed by the Tantric Dance in which we dance with somebody else. We invite you to let go of all dance moves you are used to and to dance with what is arising in contact with the other. There is one person who forms the dance and one who receives (without any initiative). These rolls will switch during the workshop.
The dance partners are brought together in two ways:
1) You are leading and you chose somebody who is blindfolded and with who you are going to dance. The other doesn’t know who you are.
2) You are blindfolded somebody will chose you to dance with. But you won’t know who it is.
The present teacher supports the change of danspartners and will give other guidance during the workshop. The Tantric Dance team creates a safe and loving setting.
What are the benefits?
- It is a life-force enhancer that helps you to vitalize yourself and activate your awareness.
- Helps you connect to your own body and clears the mind.
- Shows you how to connect with others physically and energetically on a deeper level.
- Reveals your own hidden patterns and subconscious though processes and let's you move into new directions.
- Makes you more balanced as a human being by strengthening your directing and surrendering abilities.
- Encourages you to become more present and in tune with your own body and state of being.
Everybody can discover something different for themselves and there are many more benefits by doing Tantric Dance regularly.
Wat zijn de voordelen?
Tantric Dance zorgt voor:
- Meer levensenergie en plezier. En vergroot je bewustzijn.
- Verbinding en contact met je lichaam wat zorgt voor rust en helderheid.
- Ervaren van diep contact met anderen zowel fysiek, emotioneel als energetisch.
- Helderheid op verborgen patronen die je ervan weerhouden jezelf te zijn en laten je nieuwe mogelijkheden ervaren.
- Balans in je leven, door het versterken van zowel je leidinggevende en ontvangende kwaliteiten.
- Voelen hoe je aanwezig bent in het nu en hoe je daar altijd weer contact mee kan maken.
Tantric Dance is de dansende manier om te voelen én leven wie je bent!
Is it for singles or couples?
It is for both singles and couples, the majority are joining as singles.
It is possible for couples to dance only with each other.
Often couples mix together with singles and benefit from this.
Is it easy to learn?
It is very easy to learn since it doesn't require any special techniques to learn in order to start with it. Ofcourse any experience in dance can help, but it is a free dance and we encourage you not to go into repetions of something you already know, but use more of your free imagination and creativity.
The dance is a framework where many ways of dancing are possible, dancing experience is not required. Getting in touch with you own body, getting in tune with yourself and the other, and allowing yourself to enjoy the dance are key here.
Experience shows that each time it will become more easy and become more of a natural flow.
Is it safe enough for me?
Safety has a very high priority for us. That is why there are very clear ways to stop the dance at any time and clear boundaries in place for anyone to uphold.
There are always helpers closeby to give support or guidance when needed.
Tantric Dance helps in learning to set clear boundaries and honoring them, it is an important element.
Are there any requirements?
- Be clean and without extra smells like perfumes, cigarettes or other intense odors.
- Do not wear jewelry, especially large earrings.
- Come in flexible dancing clothes, short skirts are not advised.
- Have a clear mind, you can not be intoxicated by alcohol, medication or drugs.
- You are always responsible for your own body, be loving with yourself and others.
Are there any rules?
- Respect each other's body, space and mind.
- Do not touch each others sexual body parts.
- Notify teachers about medical conditions.
- Stop the dance when this is indicated.
- Dances are with clothes on.
- No talking during dancing.
- It is not a therapy group.
What is Tantric Dance?
Tantric Dance is a playful interaction between masculine and feminine energy to transcend duality. A journey to become more truthful to yourself and others.
With Tantric Dance we’re dancing in couples. One is blindfolded and surrenders to the other who leads the dance. The one who is leading is acting from masculine energy (Shiva). Masculine energy is decisive and guides the other into a dance journey. The one who receives is acting from feminine qualities (Shakti). The feminine energy is graceful, fluid like water and surrenders.
The blindfold is helping us to turn inward by closing one of our main senses, our eyes. We become more sensitive to what is and stay present and alert in the moment. This helps us to observe ourselves. To witness how we are connecting with others and discover ourselves in different ways. Here lays an invitation to make a different movement, to make an end to what is holding you back to shine. To step into your light.
To create an intimate and safe environment we will work with a small group. If you are interested or you have questions please email to:
Tantric Dance is a dance form created by Art of Loving @2007 in The Netherlands. It’s gaining popularity al over the world.
While you are waiting blindfolded, you feel the invitation to let yourself be taken to the end of the world. To let go of control, to let yourself fall deeply and at the same time you are completely present in your own body. Feeling every touch and direction from the other, in your body. Your body that vibrates and comes to life.
You lead the dance and feel how everything in you awakens to take this person for you in the expression of your life energy. You feel clear, vibrant with life and energy.
Suddenly you feel together how not you shape this dance, but how the dance moves through you. You lose all sense of time and space.
That is the Magic of Tantric Dance.